Home Assistant compatible “ESP 360 Remote” controls infrared and 433MHz appliances over WiFi (Crowdfunding)
ESP 360 Remote is an ESP32-based IR and 433 MHz RF remote with crafted-in sensors utilised to command household appliances around WiFi and that also integrates with Dwelling Assistant open-source residence automation framework.
The open up-resource components style and design is comprised of a mainboard with an ESP32-WROOM-32E module, temperature, humidity, and light-weight sensors, and a board on the leading with nine infrared LEDs, just one IR receiver, as properly as a 433 MHz (or 315 MHz) RF receiver and transmitter with the receivers made use of for studying the code from the distant controls.
ESP 360 Remote technical specs:
- Wireless module – ESP32-WROOM-32E with
- ESP32 twin-core microcontroller
- 4MB flash
- 2.4 GHz WiFi and Bluetooth LE connectivity, crafted-in PCB antenna, fully suitable with ESPHome firmware
- Regulate interface
- 9x Substantial Energy IR LEDs to handle devices in all instructions (therefore the 360 identify)
- IR receiver to learn remote management codes
- 433 MHz (or 315 MHz) RF transmitter
- 433 MHz (or 315 MHz) RF receiver
- Ambient Light-weight Sensor (BH1750)
- Temperature & Humidity sensor (SHTC3)
- USB – 1x USB Form-C port for electrical power, knowledge, and programming
- Misc – Consumer LED, programming pins
- Electric power Source
- 5V via USB-C port
- Buck converter with better efficiency than an LDO
- ESD safety
- Proportions – Board: 5 cm (diameter) x 3.5 cm (top) Enclosure: 5.5 x 4.5 cm
- OSHWA certification – IT000012
The ESP 360 Distant can be programmed with the Arduino IDE, but you can also set up ESPHome firmware on the device, and the undertaking is open up-source components, even accredited by the OSHW Affiliation, with EasyEDA hardware layout information, 3D information for the enclosure, and ESPHome YAML configuration accessible on GitHub.
This style of hardware has been readily available for a when with goods these kinds of as the Broadlink RM Mini 3, but the challenge is that business items usually involve an World wide web link to link to their cloud providers, and if you like getting a additional secure residence automation installation that functions in your regional community, you’d have to hack the unit with 3rd-bash firmware, while The ESP 360 Remote functions instantly with open up-supply firmware and frameworks like ESPHome and Dwelling Assistant.
As revealed in the comparison desk over, the LOOKin Distant2 also makes it possible for neighborhood regulate without an Web connection and gives Home Assistant compatibility, but it lacks 433 MHz RF guidance and a mild sensor.
The ESP 360 Remote is now supplied on Crowd Provide crowdfunding system for $69 without the need of enclosure. Shipping is no cost to the US but adds $18 to the rest of the world, and deliveries are scheduled to start about mid-August 2023. It happens to be the same selling price as the LOOKin Distant2, but the Broadlink RM4 Pro is quite more affordable at $44.99 on Amazon, although the RM4 mini without RF433 goes for $25.99 on the similar site.
Jean-Luc begun CNX Application in 2010 as a aspect-time endeavor, ahead of quitting his task as a application engineering supervisor, and commencing to generate day by day information, and evaluations comprehensive time later on in 2011.